Revamping the exteriors of your house? Well, you should consider adding a fountain too. Outdoor fountains are attractive, appealing and add value to your property in the long run. Today, there are endless choices when it comes to selecting an outdoor fountain, but not many homeowners are sure about their decision.
Below are 10 tips that may come handy while selecting between outdoor fountains.
1. Consider the design and architecture of your house. If you have an old-style home with vintage elements, a classic fountain might be a better choice than a modern one. You have to understand what works well for your home, because rest of the elements cannot be altered.
2. The type matters. Are you adding the fountain as the center of attraction of your exteriors? Or is it another inclusion? Depending on the purpose, you have to choose the type of fountain you want. Wall fountains work against the exterior wall, if you have one, while tiered fountains are more traditional and have a set of signature tiers of water. Floor fountains are more uncommon and run along the surface of the ground. These are more like statements for contemporary homes.
3. Find a good seller. With many online stores around, you don’t need to hunt for a fountain seller anymore. Some of the online stores have amazing collection of unique fountains, boasting of inimitable structures, designs and ideas.
4. Check more about installation. Installing fountains can be complicated, especially the outdoor ones, which are usually bigger. Before placing an order, talk to the concerned seller to know if they can offer assistance with the installation process.
5. Maintenance counts. You won’t be replacing the outdoor fountain every year, which is why it is very important to consider the maintenance aspect. Fountains are usually made of materials like cement, acrylic, ceramic, marble, limestone, metal and bronze, and each has a few pros and cons, which the seller must explain.
6. Fixed a budget. Outdoor fountains can be really expensive, so setting a budget is always better. You can also check online to get a better idea of the available designs. If you don’t want to spend a fortune, always go for the tiered ones, which are common, but it is possible to play around with the themes and motifs.
7. Finally, determine the power source. A lot of homeowners are now opting for solar-powered models, as an eco-friendly choice.
Make a shortlist of designs and styles now!